Friday, September 21, 2012

Hello My Family!!




So this week was a pretty good one. We have been teaching two women with families but we have never been able to talk to their husbands until this week, which was really good! We were able to teach them the Restoration and have them read the Book of Mormon and pray. I know this will help a lot now that we have the whole family involved and it is not just one spouse in the loop. So we are really excited for them. But also we encountered a really good family this week. I am not sure if I told y’all about the two girls that have been going to church for the past month who are not members. But their mom invited us to lunch and we went after church and taught them the first lesson. It went really, really well. We were able to mark a baptismal date with them and I am sure that we will be able to get them baptized! Although I am a little worried that I won’t be able to see this happen because transfers are coming up next week and I am not sure if I will be transferred or not. That is one hard thing about being on a mission. Ya work and work planting seeds and then you leave only to see other missionaries harvest these seeds. But all is well. The important thing is not who does the baptizing but who is being baptized. We will see though what happens next Monday night and see if I am transferred or not. If I am I hope it is in the city still. The interior is a lot harder...

But this p day we went to Pika Jaraguá, which is the highest point in São Paulo. The only problem is that the air was really polluted and the city was a little hard to see. But it was nice being able to go to some place a lot more peaceful and not having cars going by you at all hours. We did this activity as a zone too so it was nice talking to other elders and the sisters in our zone. But I took some pics and some videos of all that went on. I tried taking some pictures of some monkeys we saw but I am not sure how well they will turn out. The monkeys were really small. I also tried taking some videos which I will try and send to y’all, not sure if they will go through or not. But other than those things nothing much is new. No baptisms yet but we are hoping for some soon! I love you all and thank you all so much for your support you give me!! Sorry if some of the videos are in Portuguese too. I am forgetting how to talk English. Writing is a lot easier.

With All the Love in the World.


Elder Shelton

P.S. Only two more transferres till Christmas!!!

So, I won't be able to get the videos out this week but I will try again next week to get them out to all of y'all!!! Sorry, we got back late from out outing.




















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete