Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One More Week

1/21/2013
So believe it or not transfers are coming up again next week. It is crazy how fast this last transfer has gone by. It feels like I barely got here. But the weather this week was a lot nicer than last. It rained a few times but it wasn’t nearly as strong and the weather wasn’t that hot which was nice. Sadly our investigator did not get baptized this week cause she is still not feeling prepared. She said that she is still deciding if this is the church she wants to follow cause she goes to the catholic church at times and she is not sure if she will be able to truly go to church every week and she doesn’t want to baptize just to fall away. But we will continue working with her. This week we were also able to encounter quite a few new people as well, which was nice cause we were getting a little low on our investigators cause a lot were not progressing which was kind of sad. But we can’t keep on wasting time of people who won’t progress. But sadly quite a few of these people we met are not married. It seems like no one is married. I have never taught so many families at the same time, but the thing is we cannot baptize them until they are married.... But all will work out for the best. For the most part this week wasn’t anything special. Just a lot of walking and running behind contacts and making contacts and what not. I am hoping this next week will have something more exciting happen so I can tell you guys. Well I guess this week I did have the first time someone yell at us that Joseph Smith was a false prophet, of course we went and talked to him and asked him if he read the Book of Mormon, of course he hasn’t, but also he was telling us how wrong we are cause we don’t read the Bible and how we don’t talk about Jesus Christ... We left him with the invite to read 3 Nephi 11 ‘cause he does have a Book of Mormon at home. But the biggest thing that I am seeing is how Satan blinds people in two things. First, he tries telling people that it is not important which church you go to as long as you are going to a church you will be saved. Second, he tries telling people that there exists no other scripture other than the Bible and anything other than this is a lie and blasphemy. It is kind of annoying, but those are the two biggest problems we encounter when we are teaching people here. But that is about it for this week. I am learning and growing so much and I thank you all so much for the support that you give me! I love you all and hope that you all have a great week! I will try and send some photos in another e-mail. Know I am praying for y’all always!

With love,

Elder William Shelton

A star fruit I ate at a member's house. It was really different.

Yes! I found American chocolate and I bought two of these boxes!! It was good. But not sure how easy it will be to find again.

A huge butterfly thing in our house. Sorry, bad pic.

Me in a plaza park thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment