Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Fairly Good Week

1/14/2013
So I don’t have a ton of time today so I cant send any pictures I don’t think but I will try. So the weather was pretty good this week. It was mostly cloudy with a few evening of torrential downpours where we got soaking wet, but it did rain everyday but it didn’t pour every day, which was nice. So this week we were able to get two people to go to church this week which was really, really great, especially since one of them has a baptismal date marked for this weekend (her name is Bitaniha) and the other is preparing, it is the one that wants to be baptized but needs to get married first (his name is Paulo). But we are both really excited with the progress Paulo made this week as well. We had an FHE with some members and the Bishop where Paulo was able to talk to Bishop and plan to have an interview to help him and his girlfriend (who is less active) prepare for marriage. We are really excited for them and hope that we will soon have their wedding date marked so that we can baptize Paulo and help make a family eternal! I really hope that they get married sooner rather than later so that I can go to their sealing before I leave the mission. That would be really cool. But this week over all was a good one despite the rain. We are finding more and more people and the work with the members is improving every week, which is great. Members really do play a key role in helping others prepare for baptism. It is really hard doing the work alone. But I hope that you all have a great week this week. Sorry I don’t have a ton of time today! I love you all so, so much and hope that you all stay healthy and happy! Know that I am praying for y’all every day for your happiness and wellbeing! This next coming up week we are getting to have a conference with one of the members of the 1st quorum of the 70 which should be really great so I will keep you all posted on that in the weeks to come! Thank you all so much for the support y’all give. I love you all so much! Again sorry this e-mail is a little short! Oh and if y’all were wondering my comp is from Washington state.

With love,

Elder William Shelton

Me sad cause it was raining really hard and the day just began...

Us drying our shoes after getting soaking wet.

Elder Dial hiding from the rain cause his umbrella was really small. Also, he had to close our numbers for the week to pass to the District Leader.

Our FHE we had this last Sunday. From left to right: Melk (wife of the Bishop), Keli (wife of the owner of the house where we had the FHE yes her face it kinda ridiculous but I think she meant it), the next is Paulo (our investigator that is planning for baptism and marriage), the next is Patricia (his hopefully soon to be wife and less active member), Jefferson (husband of Keli), and Bishop (Bishop, not sure of his real name, we just call him bishop).

No comments:

Post a Comment