Tuesday, July 30, 2013

6 Months Left

7/29/2013
My subject to this e-mail is this week I got what we call our Carta Trunk here in the mission. This is the letter that all missionaries get when they have 6 months left in their missions which asks a series of questions about what is our home address and what not so that they can have everything they need to buy my plane ticket here in the next few months. So that came this week and I am really excited for it. But also I have been thinking about how crazy it is that I only have 6 months left in my mission until I am home again. The time sure has gone by fast, and I need to do all I can to make sure that I can make the most out of these next 6 months.

But this week was a rather good one. We had another baptism of a daughter (she is 19) of a family that used to be really strong in the church (the father was a stake councilor) but has been away from the church for more than 10 years now. With the baptism we were also able to reactivate the family and they are now going to be a great help in the ward cause the ward here is in desperate need of Priesthood holders and full tithe payers. But we are happy for this family and all the progress they are making. The ward and Bishop is happy to see this family coming back to church as well.

Other than that this week was rather normal. We have several couples preparing to marry and what not and then we will be able to baptize them! The work is going great here in our area and in our zone. Right now we don’t have a baptism marked for this weekend but I am sure that we will be able to find someone out there. But I love you all and hope that you all have a great week this week! Know that you all are in my prayers!

With Love,

Elder Shelton


Sorry, I would send pictures today, but my computer is not letting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment