Wednesday, September 11, 2013

One Super Hot Dry Week

8/05/2013

So the weather here in São Paulo is completely crazy. Two weeks ago I could not leave my house without two sweaters on cause it was so cold (it got below freezing one night) and it rained just about every day, and now it is extremely hot and dry. With that the air is full of dust and pollution from buses and trucks and people burning trash in the favela so breathing is sometimes hard, but for now my health is doing all right. My comp on the other hand is sick which kinda stinks cause it is his last week before going home. I am doing my best to not let the trunkyness take control and just stay focused on the work and not think too much of home and how it is going to be when I get back and what not.

But this week the work was a little slow. We are having problems in meeting with the people we were hoping to mark baptismal dates with which made it kinda hard and the week not go as planned. But we are doing our best to try and find new people and this week should be a little better since two of our investigators got married and now have a little more time to receive us. But other than that nothing too exciting happened this week. It is crazy to think that August has already started and I think it should go by fast cause we have something happening just about once a week this month. On the 27th I will be going to the temple. Next week we have transfers. This week we have the mission council. It is also crazy to think that General Conference is only two months away. But I still got a lot of time to do some good work and finish my mission the way I should. One thing I have really learned on the mission is how we truly are sons and daughters of God and that He is a loving Heavenly Father. It is sad to see so many people of other faiths not see and understand this basic doctrine. As I have been serving on my mission and turning to the Lord more and more for help I have clearly been able to see how God is just that, a Loving Heavenly Father. All He wants is that all of us can return to live with Him and to be close to Him in this life. That is why we have the gospel. As we live the gospel and remain clean of our sins we can grow closer to our Heavenly Father. Sin creates a barrier, which prevents us from feeling our oneness with God, but as we repent and become perfect that barrier weakens and we can grow closer to Him. We too need to become one with the Father, just as Jesus Christ is one with Him. We need to be one in purpose and desire and do all we can to see His will in all things. As we become closer to Him our will and His will become one. That is why praying by being guided by the Holy Ghost is so important, it allows us to put our will with His and allows us to become one and feel His love. I know that as we diligently search the scriptures, pray, take of the sacrament, repent, and take the things out of our lives that take the Spirit away, we can feel a closeness with our Heavenly Father and grow to truly understand what it means to be a son and daughter of God. I love you all and hope that you all have a fantastic week this week. Know I am praying for you all and thinking of you all! Less than 6 months now!!!

With love,

Elder William Shelton
My baptism two weeks ago.
Vista Alegrie


No comments:

Post a Comment