Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last Week!!






So I will quickly try and ask all the questions I have for you guys, so sorry if they do not make a lot of sense for you. So first I became district leader on the 10th of March 2012, second, the food is all right although for the past few days I have felt like I have had a critter inside me, which is not good. The weather here has been pretty nice, we had two big thunderstorms Sunday and Tuesday night, which were pretty cool to watch from the window of my room on the 7th floor. But anyways, it has been a pretty good week. I am gonna start with the funny things that happened first. So on Sunday night I had a bit of a cough around 11 o’ clock at night, so I got out of bed and went into the hall in just my garments thinking it wouldn’t be a big deal. Well when I was half way through the hallway to the fountain I heard a woman say, "Elder we have a problem". I turned to look and it was the Presidents wife standing on the 7th floor. She then told me to go back to my room and put some shorts on which I promptly did. The next day we were told we were going to hold an emergency meeting for all the missionaries. I feared that it was going to be on not wearing your garments exposed in the halls, but thankfully it was just on keeping the bed time hours, which I do. But the great thing that happened this week was on Monday cause we got to go out and proselyte in the town. We were having problems at first giving away copies of The Book of Mormon but as the time past we eventually passed out all six we had. It is amazing how friendly people are here. They were so willing to listen to us American white boys with our awful Portuguese and even accept a Book of Mormon. It felt fantastic to do this and I cannot wait to go into down town Sao Paulo next week to do it again. I could feel the spirit so strong while I was proselyte it was truly a great experience. Well I gotta run. I love you all!!









No comments:

Post a Comment