Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Kinda Long Week

3/25/2013
So this week was kinda a long one. The weather was a little cooler, which was really nice, but it also rained quite a bit. We had quite a bit of trouble finding new investigators this week, but hopefully this week will be better. We are still working with the family we found two weeks ago. They are really enjoying the church but are having problems in keeping the Word of Wisdom. Hopefully we can get them ready and baptized this coming weekend. They all went to church and really liked it and are really, really loving the church. The members are integrating well with them and we are really happy with them. They really are the sweetest family I have met here on the mission. They absolutely love us (the missionaries) and treat us with so much respect and are so humble. I love this family and hope that we can find more families just like them.

But today we went to the city center of Sao Paulo, which was really nice. I was able to buy a new suit but now I am really, really wore out, not a good was to start a week at all. But I am sure I will be fine.

This week my comp and me set goals as a group to be more humble and loving in all that we do. For the most part of my mission I have been rather serious and had some difficulty opening up and trying to truly show that I love the people. But this week I have been praying and doing all I can to be a little more open and more loving and doing all I can to show that love for the people. Truly it has helped a lot. In Moroni 7:45-48 we learn that we must pray and exhort our Lord to develop these Christ-like attributes. We, as natural men, cannot receive or improve on these attributes alone. We need help from the Divine. This is another reason for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He suffered for us so that we can improve ourselves and turn more like Him through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and doing all we can through our lives to be free from sin and truly keep the commandments. I know that as we truly search for help from our Lord to become better people we can receive that help, but clearly we must do our part. I love my Savior and I know that He lives. I know that all things are possible through Him and that we can find peace and happiness when we turn to Him and live His commandments. Know that I am doing all I can to be a more loving and patient person and I am doing all I can to open up more to the people and show this love. I am doing all I can to be a worthy priesthood holder so that one day I can direct my own family and those whom I serve in the community and in the church through my callings in the best way I can. I love you all and am praying for you all. I hope that you all have a great week this week and that y’all have a great Easter! My challenge for y’all is to study about the Atonement every day this week and try to learn a little more about it. Anyways all of y’all have a great week this week!

With love,

Elder William Shelton


Me and my new companion, Elder Arevalo. He is 26 and from Chile. He is the South American champion in Tai Kwon Do. Before he came on his mission he was already a colonel in the police force. So the robbers here better beware! Actually, we are known and respected by some of the gangs in our area such as 26 da Norte.


The mercado municipal in Sao Paulo. It is a huge farmers market. Although I have never been cause it is in another mission.


Me on the 15 of November. This is the street where I bought my suit. One thing about Sao Paulo is that it is organized in districts. And certain goods are generally sold in certain areas. On our west to the center we passed in the neighborhood of bras. There is the center for clothing. Literally they only have clothing stores and they have THOUSANDS. It is all super cheap cause they all compete with pricing. I didn't buy my suit there cause it is kind of a long way from the center and we had other things to do there. But I was able to get my suit for pretty cheap.


Sao Paulo. Sorry, the quality is bad because I took it from inside the bus.


15 de Novembro


The old iron pedestrian foot bridge in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment