Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sao Domingos

4/22/2013
So this week I was transferred to an area called Sao Domingos, which is a neighborhood of Sao Paulo which is very close to Osasco, actually my area has a division with Osasco. My new comp is named Elder Hermosilla and he is from Paraguay. He has one year on the mission and is a good missionary and fun to work with. I have been called to be District leader here in Sao Domingos. This means I am responsible for watching over one other area (some districts have more areas) where I have to call twice a week to see how the work is going and pass this to my zone leaders who pass this to president. I also have to do the baptismal interviews for the area I look after. Also I have to plan weekly training for these areas as well for district meeting on Tuesdays. I like the little more responsibility and I am learning quite a bit from it. This last week I already did my first baptismal interview, which went really well. I did three for three brothers who had the ages of 13, 12, and 11. It was really special to hear their testimonies and see how excited they were to be prepared for baptism and be baptized this past Saturday. It was such a neat experience and I did learn a lot from it. I felt the Spirit so strong during my time talking to them and I am excited to be able to interview more people. The elders in that area are really good and are working really well there.

So things are going pretty good here. We are trying to find lots of families where not everyone is baptized in the church. We found a few, one of which is just waiting for her divorce papers to come in so she can marry again and then be baptized. So we are excited for them. Also we have a member who is showing a lot of interest in helping us. He said he has three families he has been preparing for some time now and will invite them for an FHE with us this week. We are excited for this. All is going well here over all. I will try and send some pictures for y’all this week. Sorry I don’t have a lot of pictures. I don’t like carrying my camera much anymore with the possibility of being assaulted. But I am doing all right and will try and take more pictures for y’all! I love y’all so much and hope that y’all have a great week this week!

With love,

Elder Shelton


Me, Elder Sterling Downer, and Elder Arevalo

HQ for a local gang in Zona Norte of Sao Paulo

Me and Elder Hermosilla

No comments:

Post a Comment