Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Hot Week

9/16/2013
So this week was a really hot one. We had a lot of running around to do as well. But this week we did have a zone conference, which lasted from 9 till 5 and there was no air conditioner in the church building so we were all sweating like there was no tomorrow. Thankfully Pres Martins gave us permission to take off our suits, which was nice at least. But at the conference a lot was talked about some past teaching and instructions, which Pres Martins gave to us over the past two years. He did this due to the fact that there were a lot of new missionaries and he felt that a lot of the information was not passed along correctly or completely. So it was basically a day of reminders, which was still good. But this weekend we did have one more baptism. It was the daughter of a man who was baptized in June (José) whose son was baptized two weeks ago. So now we just have to baptize one more of his sons (although this one will be a little harder due to the fact that he is never home). But this week we have three more baptisms marked and we are hoping that they will all work out. Two have already been interviewed and are going to be baptized, the other we still have to see how everything goes.

But next week we have transfers and I am thinking that I will be transferred. I am kinda hoping I will although I would be happy if I stayed. I have just been in such a rush these past few weeks that I feel like I don’t have time to do anything. This is of course good and bad but mostly good. I am just happy that the Lord has been blessing us with these baptisms and I am happy to say that these are true converts to the church and I am almost sure that they will actually help in edifying the church here in Cachoeirinha and Parada Pinto. But I’ve got to get going. I love you all so much and I hope that you all have a fantastic week this week!!! Love you all!!!!

With love,

Elder William Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment