Thursday, December 12, 2013

14 Down, 2 More To Go (12 Weeks)

11/04/2013
Well so ends another transfer. I don’t know where I will be going or if I am staying and with whom I will be companions with. I am hoping I am going to go to the interior cause it is a lot calmer and peaceful and less polluted. I am also hoping to train these next two transfers cause so far I have not had the opportunity. The only problem with going to the interior is that it will be even hotter than here in the city, and it has already been very, very hot this past week. The sun was out just about everyday and I spent everyday sweating like a pig climbing up the hills. But also I have had a rather humbling experience this week. So we had a guy stop us on the road and asked us to visit his house. We went to his house, which was built behind another house in the favela. It was the size of a small living room but divided into three rooms. The house in front is a point of drugs. Also this man has a son and daughter that live with him. The daughter is 15 and already has a baby and the house is in no condition to really raise a family. It was really humbling to see just what people live in and it made me grateful for all that I have, especially the small things. It was humbling to realize as he explained his difficult situation that the things I worry about are nothing in comparison to the things he worries about. Clearly my worries now are investigators going to church and being baptized but when I get back I am sure that my worries wont be as big as his. Anyways I am glad that the Lord is giving me the chances to learn even so late on my mission and to grow. I am doing all I can to get the most out of my mission. With 12 weeks left I am getting to the end and soon I will be home. I loved seeing the pictures o f the baby blessing and I am so glad to see that you all are doing well and that you all are healthy. Also I loved seeing the kids! How in the world does Bennet have such red hair? Anyway I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week this week!

With love,
Elder Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment